Workplace Fairness' Vision: The creation of a global workplace in which:
- individuals are valued and accorded dignity and respect;
- organizations who promote fair business practices thrive;
- a socioeconomic system based upon sound public policy fosters sustainable success.
Workplace Fairness' Mission: Workplace Fairness believes that fair treatment of workers is sound public policy and good business practice, and that free access to comprehensive, unbiased information about workers' rights - without legal jargon - is an essential ingredient in any fair workplace.
That's why Workplace Fairness creates and maintains the most comprehensive, online one-stop-shop for free information about workers' rights. We capture the power of technology to:
- educate workers, employers, and legal services and community organizations;
- foster a community of advocates who believe that fairness works; and
- promote the fair treatment of workers through public policy.
Workplace Fairness was founded in 1994 as the National Employee Rights Institute (NERI). The name of the organization was changed in 2001 to reflect our effort to link the knowledge and work of employment rights attorneys with that of non-legal organizations and other individuals who are concerned with issues of fairness in the workplace. Working together, professionals and citizens concerned with issues of workplace fairness more effectively build community awareness of workplace issues and promote progressive changes in employment law, policies, and practices.
Click here for information on our Board of Directors.
Click here for our latest Form 990 tax return.