For Immediate Release
Workplace Fairness Provides Legal Resources on Workplace Law
Organization has facts and resources on workplace laws and legislation for all employees, employers, employment lawyers and workplace equality advocates
SILVER SPRING, Md. (Feb. 2, 2016) The year 2015 was one of the best in terms of activity for Workplacefairness.org. Here's why:
- Workplace Fairness reached over 2.4 million people (and hit 2.5 million in mid-January).
- The site hit new record highs almost every week. In a single day in November, nearly 13,000 users came to Workplace Fairness for information about their rights.
- WF is the #1 destination on Google for those seeking information about "unpaid wages."
- WF pages are in Google's top 5 every month for "gender discrimination," "employee rights," "discrimination" and "sexual harassment."
- Workplace Fairness is #2 for "find an employment lawyer" along with industry leaders FindLaw, Lawyers.com and Avvo.
Workplace Fairness provides legal information to workers about their rights. It's a simple mission, and we execute it quite well: just look at some of the numbers above. As you know, there are a lot of people out there looking for legal information, and Workplace Fairness provides it to them, featuring virtually every employment law topic out there, including 50-state law on discrimination, wage & hour, whistleblower, unemployment and workers compensation. That's over 400 know-your-rights pages updated in 2015.
We partner with attorneys around the country, who want to educate workers about their rights and represent them if they need lawyers. Our attorney partners use our website content, have top-notch websites for employment lawyers, or have advertising or premium attorney directory listings on our website. With the support of our attorney partners, we're able to keep the site updated while continually adding new content and features.
Our Today's Workplace blog is updated with breaking news on workplace law and related stories each week. The Press page has links to over 50 press mentions and our In the News section includes all of the workplace law related articles in our Weekly eNewsletter.
Workplace Fairness is a nonprofit organization so, if you would like to contribute to our cause of informing the public on their rights in the workplace, we accept and appreciate donations. For more information on a multitude of topics relating to workplace rights, laws, and legislation take a look at our website at www.workplacefairness.org.
# # #
About Workplace Fairness
Workplace Fairness is a nonprofit organization that provides information, education and assistance to individual workers and their advocates nationwide and promotes public policies that advance employee rights.
Our goals are that workers and their advocates are educated about workplace rights and options for resolving workplace problems and those policymakers, members of the business community and the public at large view the fair treatment of workers as both good business practice and sound public policy.
Workplace Fairness works toward these goals by:
- Making comprehensive information about workers' rights free of legal jargon readily available to workers and to advocates and organizations that assist workers;
- Providing resources to support the work of legal services organizations, community-based organizations, law schools and private attorneys that provide free legal information and services to low-income workers;
- Presenting the employee perspective in publications, policy debates & public discussion.
The award-winning Workplace Fairness website, www.workplacefairness.org, has newly updated information throughout the site, as part of the Web's most comprehensive resource educating workers about their legal rights in the workplace.