• Choose Language:
  • print
  • decrease text sizeincrease text size

Protect Your Rights New Hampshire Government Agencies

Advertisement: Zuckerman Law

Advertisement: Clark Law Group

Please select a topic below to jump directly to the corresponding agency:

1. Discrimination/Harassment

2. Safety & Health

3. Unemployment Insurance

4. Wage and Hour/Labor Standards Violations

5. Workers' Compensation

1. Discrimination/Harassment

For more information about filing a discrimination or harassment claim in New Hampshire, see our page on filing a discrimination complaint: New Hampshire

Discrimination/Harassment - State Agency

New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights
2 Chenell Drive
Concord, NH 03301-8501
Phone: (603) 271-2767
Fax: (603) 271-6339

E-Mail: humanrights@nhsa.state.nh.us
Web Address: http://www.nh.gov/hrc/index.html

Agency Description/Mission: The New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights is a state agency established for the purpose of eliminating discrimination in employment, public accommodations and the sale or rental of housing or commercial property, because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religious creed, color, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability or national origin. The commission has the power to receive, investigate and pass upon complaints of illegal discrimination and to engage in research and education designed to promote good will and prevent discrimination.

Discrimination/Harassment - Local Offices of Federal Agency (EEOC)

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Boston Area Office

John F. Kennedy Federal Building
Government Center
4th Floor, Room 475
Boston, MA 02203
Phone: (617) 565-3200
TTY: (617) 565-3204

For more information about this agency, see the EEOC section of our page on federal agencies.

2. Safety & Health (workplace health & safety complaints and information)

Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
Concord Area Office

279 Pleasant Street, Suite 201
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 225-1629
Fax: (603) 225-1580

For more information about this agency, see the OSHA section of our page on federal agencies.

3. Unemployment Insurance

New Hampshire Employment Security
32 South Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 224-3311
Toll-Free: (800) 852-3400
TDD (RELAY NH): (800) 735-2964
E-Mail: webmaster@nhes.state.nh.us
Web Address: http://www.nh.gov/nhes/

Amount and Duration of Benefits
Application for Benefits

4. Wage and Hour/Labor Standards Violations

Wage and Hour/Labor Standards - State Agency

New Hampshire Department of Labor
95 Pleasant Street
PO Box 2076
Concord, NH 03302-2076
Phone: (603) 271-6294 or (603) 271-1492
E-Mail: http://www.labor.state.nh.us/contact_NHDOL.asp
Web Address: http://www.labor.state.nh.us/worker.asp

Worker FAQs
Wage & Hour Information

Wage and Hour/Labor Standards - Local Offices of Federal Agency (DOL)

U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
ESA Wage & Hour Division
Manchester District Office

1750 Elm Street, Suite 111
Manchester, NH 03104-2907
Phone: (603) 666-7716
Fax: (603) 666-7600

For more information about this agency, see the U.S. Department of Labor section of our page on federal agencies.

5. Workers' Compensation (for job-related injuries or illness)

New Hampshire Department of Labor
Workers' Compensation Division

95 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 271-3176
Toll-Free: (800) 272-4353
Fax: (603) 271-6149
E-Mail: http://www.labor.state.nh.us/contact_NHDOL.asp
Web Address: http://www.labor.state.nh.us/injured_worker.asp

Agency Description/Mission: The Workers' Compensation Division administers and enforces the provisions of New Hampshire's Workers' Compensation Law, R.S.A. 281, including the enforcement of coverage requirements for all employers, the oversight of the level of medical and wage replacement benefits to be paid to injured workers, conduct hearings on contested claims, and monitoring of insurance carriers and claim administrators to ensure the prompt payment of benefits and delivery of services. The Division also certifies private vocational rehabilitation providers and monitors vocational rehabilitation services provided to eligible injured workers.

Workers' Compensation FAQs
Employee Information
Workers' Compensation Forms

Ask an Employment Lawyer Online Now!
Ask a Question, Get Answered ASAP!
Ask a Lawyer >

Follow us on: